Milo’s was started in 1946 by Milo Carlton. He had a little burger shop in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. It wasn’t much – just a cinderblock shack – but it was a little piece of heaven on earth to Milo. Because here he could be who he was and do what he loved – serving up moments of happy one burger at a time.
Milo liked to cook, but he LOVED to serve. And that commitment to service is still at the center of everything we do – serving our customers, our community and each other.
He created an environment that fostered creativity and growth, from formulating, re-formulating and re-re-formulating his special secret sauce, to expanding his locations beyond the single, cinderblock building.
Milo liked to have fun. He knew serving up delicious burgers wasn’t rocket science, and the fun-loving, let’s not-take-ourselves-too seriously atmosphere he created still lives on today.
Most of all, Milo believed everyone – whether it was his employees, his customers or his community – deserved a little something extra. As a symbol of that belief, we put a little extra piece of meat on our burgers. We call it the LSE – or the Little Something Extra, It’s both a way of saying thank you, and a constant reminder that if we all just gave a little bit of extra respect and appreciation to each other, the world would be a much better place.