Last Updated: May 25, 2023
Collection of your Personal Information
Personal information includes information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person. Personal information does not include publicly available information lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local governments.
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, Milo’s may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- E-mail Address
- Cell Phone Number
If you purchase Milo’s’ products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
Milo’s may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your age.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. For example, we will use your information to communicate with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us, and for other purposes related to our provision of services or products to you. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information from you in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Milo’s collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
Milo’s may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Milo’s and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Milo’s does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Milo’s may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such trusted third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Milo’s, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Milo’s may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Milo’s or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Milo’s; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Milo’s, or the Public.
- Cookies: “Cookies” are small data files that are placed on your device’s hard disk when you access our services. We may use both session Cookies and persistent Cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on our services, and to customize and improve our services. Unlike persistent cookies, session Cookies are deleted when you log off from the services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept Cookies. If you do not want cookies from Milo’s or other websites or applications, you can change your settings to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites and applications you visit. However, some services may not function properly if you disable Cookies.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons: A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier that may be included on our services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our products and services, to monitor how many visitors view our products and services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on your hard drive, pixel tags are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an email).
- Log Data: Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of the services. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, access date and time spent on features of the services, and other statistics and Cookie information. Milo’s uses Log Data to measure, customize, and improve its Services.
If you would like to opt-out of the technologies we employ on our website and services, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Milo’s does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this application.
Contests and Sweepstakes
Occasionally, Milo’s may run sweepstakes and contests. We ask those who enter in the sweepstakes or contests to provide contact information (e.g., an e-mail address). If you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, your contact information may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest, and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes. As a sweepstake or contest participant, you will have the opportunity to opt out of any communications that are not related to awarding prizes.
Milo’s cannot guarantee that the information disclosed during contests and sweepstakes will remain private as Milo’s cannot control or predict the disclosure of your information by others outside of its services. You should think carefully before sharing any personal information, or any other information that you intend to keep private.
Third-Party Websites and Social Media Platforms
Our website may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our website or services (including social media websites). These other domains, websites, and services are not controlled by us, and we do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or social media platforms. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website and application you interact with. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting or connecting to these other websites, services, or applications is at your own risk.
If you already use certain social media platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our services. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
From time to time, Milo’s may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Milo’s or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Milo’s, you may opt out of such communications by UNSUBSCRIBE button.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have Contracted.
National and International Transfers of Data
Milo’s is based in the state of Alabama and is governed by Alabama and federal law. Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to the United States and process it there. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use our services.
Changes to this Statement
Milo’s welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Milo’s has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Milo’s at:
Milo’s Restaurant Holdings, LLC
100 Centerview Drive, Suite 256
Vestavia Hills, Alabama 35216
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 205-871-2000
Effective as of February 01, 2023; Last Updated May 25, 2023